By accessing any page on this website and enrolling in a Sittertrain course, you are agreeing to Sitter Train’s terms and conditions below.
INTRODUCTION – WHO WE ARE
- We, Sitter Train Pty Ltd (“Sitter Train”, “we” or “us”), are delighted to provide you access to the Sitter Train website (“Sitter Train website”) and information about our online Sitter Train training courses (“Sitter Training Courses”).
WHAT WE OFFER
- The Sitter Training Courses are designed as an educational, informative and fun online course for people who wish to prepare for the essentials of working as an au pair and provides valuable information on safety at home, basic first aid, handling emergency situations, behaviour management, infant care and much more.
- The Sitter Training Courses have been created by the founders of Sitter Train who have extensive experience in early childhood education and minding disciplines and in designing curricula for teachers and students. The course content has been reviewed and verified for accuracy by a group of qualified professionals with qualifications in medicine, nursing, early childhood and primary teaching as well as parents and teens
- At the completion of each Sitter training Course, we will issue you with a Sitter Train Certificate of Completion which recognises your commitment to gain the skills and knowledge needed to handle the challenges of taking care of children and the responsibilities that attach to such care.
TERMS ARE BINDING
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SITTER TRAINING COURSE
- In order to access the online Sitter Training Courses, you must complete our online application form and pay the one-time course fee.
- The Sitter Training Courses are open to all individuals except that individuals under the age of 18 (Teen Applicants) may only participate in the Sitter Training Course if their parent or legal guardian (Authorising Guardian) consents and pays the course fee. The application form for Teen Applicants seeks particulars including agreement to these Terms and Conditions.
- We do not assume any responsibility for any misrepresentations regarding any information you provide when lodging the application, including age and identity.
(a) Should you breach these Terms at any time after your application is accepted, we will terminate your registration and access to the Sitter Training Courses materials and will not refund the application fee.
- We reserve the right to accept or reject your application without providing any reasons to you.
(a) Our decision to terminate your registration for the Sitter Training Courses does not constitute, and should not be interpreted or used as information bearing on your character, general reputation or personal characteristics.
- Sitter Train Course fees are quoted in Australian dollars and may be subject to change from time to time. Unless otherwise stated, fees are inclusive of GST. Payments must made by credit card or such other method that we may prescribe from time to time.
- Upon acceptance of your application we will provide you access to the Sitter Training Course of your choice by issuing you with login details and a password. You may complete the course in a single sitting or over a period of time and we will provide you with continued access to the Sitter Training Courses materials including all additional and updated course information for a period of 3 months after your application is first accepted. During this period you may access the Sitter Training Course materials at any time and any number of times. No refunds or credits will be given for unused or partially used course materials or failure to complete the course following the conclusion of the access period.
AGREEMENT AND ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
- By accessing the Sitter Train Website and lodging an online Sitter Training Course application form, each of:
(a) you; and
(b) your Authorised Guardian (if any)
represents, warrants, understands, agrees to and accepts these Terms in their entirety and in the case an Authorised Guardian, on your behalf if you are a Teen Applicant.
- Each Authorised Guardian:
(a) acknowledges that it is solely responsible for monitoring their Teen Applicant’s use of the internet and for determining whether participation in the Sitter Training Course is appropriate for their Teen Applicant; and
(b) must ensure their Teen Applicant’s compliance with these Terms.
- You are responsible for the security of your login details and password. You must inform Sitter Train immediately of any unauthorised use of your account or any other breaches of security. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from the unauthorised access of Sitter Training Course materials through use of your login details.
- You agree to keep your personal records up to date at all times and inform us of any changes of your particulars, including for example, changes to your email address.
- You agree that Sitter Train may send you emails in relation to your participation in a Sitter Training Course or subsequently in respect of any services that it may offer from time to time. You agree to being contacted by electronic means for the marketing of courses, advertisements, offers and new services. You may opt out of email communications by sending an email to [email protected]
SITTER TRAINING COURSE – LIMITATIONS
- The Sitter Training Courses are designed for the purposes described in paragraph 2 of these Terms but do not qualify you in emergency first aid, CPR or skills required for dealing with life-threatening situations. These matters cannot be properly dealt with in an online course. Sitter Train disclaims any responsibility and is not liable for any action or inaction that you may take or fail to take in the course of caring for children following completion of the course and recommends that participants investigate taking additional training in emergency first aid and related matters.
- Sitter Train does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information in the Sitter Training Courses materials or adopt, endorse or accept responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement that appears on the Sitter Train Website or the Sitter Training Courses materials.
- Sitter Train does not:
(a) offer or place participants in babysitting or child care jobs;
(b) refer or endorse the services of any person;
(c) make any representations about the suitability, reliability, competence or integrity of any participant in the Sitter Training Courses.
- Sitter Train does not warrant or represent that participation in a Sitter Training Course will provide you with any skills, tools or information necessary to find employment or perform a babysitting or child care service.
- Completion of a Sitter Training Course does not guarantee that you will find employment of any kind or that you will have the skills necessary to perform any particular job.
ACCESS AND SUPPORT
- While we use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Sitter Train Website and Sitter Training Courses materials are available 24 hours a day, we do not make any representations or warranties that your access will be uninterrupted or error free. Access to the site may be suspended temporarily without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or any reason beyond our control.
CONTENT – USE
- You may read and copy Sitter Training Course material and information on the Sitter Train Website for your own needs but you may not publish, resell or sub-licence it. You must obtain our express written permission to reproduce any part of the Sitter Train Website or other intellectual property owned by us or to create a link to the site.
- Sitter Train disclaims any liability for any harm resulting from the use of information from the Sitter Training Courses or from any material downloaded from the Sitter Train website.
- The Sitter Train Website may contain third party advertisements and links to third party sites. Access to any other internet site linked to the Sitter Train site is at your own risk and Sitter Train does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advice or statements made in any third party advertisements or on any third party sites.
ACCEPTANCE OF RISK AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY
- You are wholly responsible for your participation on the Sitter Train Website and your use of the site and material or information obtained from Sitter Training Courses is at your own risk.
- You acknowledge that Sitter Train is not responsible for, and accepts no liability in relation to your use of the Sitter Train Website site, participation in any Sitter Training Course or any action or event occurring following your participation in a Sitter Training Course including in respect of any care job obtained by you.
- Sitter Train makes no warranties or representations as to the quality, accuracy or completeness of the content on the Website or the information provided in the Sitter Training Courses.
- You agree to indemnify Sitter Train for any loss, damage, cost or expense that we may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with your use of the Sitter Train Website or Sitter Training Courses materials and any breach by you of these Terms.
- If you are not a Consumer (under the Australian Competition & Consumer Act 2010) you agree that Sitter Train has no direct or indirect liability, including in negligence, to you in connection with your use of the Sitter Train Website or participation in a Sitter Training Course.
- If you are a Consumer (under the Australian Competition & Consumer Act 2010), Sitter Train limits all its direct and indirect liability, including in negligence, to you to the Consumer Guarantees under the Act. Where there is a breach of the Consumer Guarantees, Sitter Train limits its liability to the supply to you of the service again or the payment of the cost of having the service provided again. Except as set out above, Sitter Train will not be liable to you for direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Any failure by us at any time to enforce any of the provisions of these terms and conditions or any of its rights will not be a waiver of such provisions, rights or elections or affect the validity of these terms and conditions.
- These Terms and any notices and disclaimers on the Sitter Train Website and any Sitter Training Course material provided or made available to you are the entire agreement between you and Sitter Train and to the extent permitted by law all implied terms are expressly excluded.
- The provisions of these Terms are severable, and if any provision is held to be invalid or unenforceable, it may be removed and the remaining provisions will be enforced. Sitter Train may assign the agreement to any person without your consent. The laws of Victoria, Australia govern this agreement and you agree to the courts of Victoria having jurisdiction in any matter under these Terms.
SITTER TRAIN RESPECTS AND PROTECTS YOUR PRIVACY
‘Personal Information’ means information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained. Sitter Train will only collect personal information about you via the Sitter Train Website if you send it an email via this site or submit an application in respect of the Sitter Training Course.
Even if you do nothing during your visit, Sitter Train may automatically record some information about your visit where you browse through or read pages on the site. The type of information that will be collected includes the type of web browser and operating system that you are using, the date and time of visit to our site and the web pages that you accessed. If you linked to our site from another site then that information may also be recorded. Sitter Train may use this information for statistical analysis but the system does not record personal information about individuals unless you volunteer it.
In the course of using the Sitter Train Website we automatically collect information such as IP address, browser type, referrer URL and other technical data.
We may provide customer service support through email and phone. In order to provide customer support, we will ask you for your contact information including email address. We only use information received from customer support requests, including email addresses, for customer support services and we do not transfer or share this information with any third parties.
SITTER TRAIN’S USE OF INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
The Sitter Train website may use your personal information such as your name, address, billing and mailing address for billing purposes. Sitter Train may also use your email address to contact you to provide customer support and from time to time, to send you further information about the Sitter Train Course, our products and services. Sitter Train will never sell your email address. Sitter Train may use the information it collects to optimise the Sitter Train website; for internal research; and to tailor your experience through providing a faster method for you to access the Sitter Training Course, submit information to us and allowing us to contact you, if necessary.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
Sitter Train implements a variety of security measures to ensure the security of your personal information. Personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of people who have special access rights to such systems.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
Sitter Train will notify you of changes to its privacy statement.
Sitter Train™ — registered trademark No. 16925459, Class 41.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]